Big Dawgs NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Big Dawgs NCAA OD

The Home of the Big Dawgs

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2010 Week 9 Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
titangator

titangator

2010 Week 9 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Week 9 Discussion   2010 Week 9 Discussion EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Week 9 is up!

Several big games this week:

Number 13 Florida and new head coach Jeff Hickerson will take on Georgia in the annual rivalry game in Jacksonsville, Florida. Georgia comes in unbeaten at 7-0 and number 6 in the nation.

LSU takes their unbeaten record on the road to South Florida to take on the number 12 5-1 Bulls.

Ohio State travels to Penn State to take on the unbeaten Nittany Lions. Penn State comes in number 5 in the nation. Ohio State's Brandon Sain wil try and continue his great season on the ground and keep his heisman hopes alive as the Buckeyes try and knock off Penn State. It will be very tough as the Nittany Lions boast the number 1 rush defense in the nation.

Should be a fun week!
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 9 Discussion   2010 Week 9 Discussion EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:30 am

Unbeaten no more!

Jacksonville, FL - The Florida Gators ended any dreams of an unbeaten season for the Georgia Bulldogs with a 48-17 whooping of the Dawgs. The win kept Florida's slim SEC East chances hopes alive, they now need help from Auburn or Kentucky to beat Georgia in the next 2 weeks. "Its not much of a chance, but a chance is all you can ever ask for," said interim head coach Jeff Hickerson.

The Gators got it done once again in more ways than just offesne, returning another kick for a touchdown, Justin Trattou returned a fumble for a touchdown, and in the closing minutes Moses Jenkins returned an interception 100 yards for the final score of the day. Ahmad Black and Janoris Jenkins led the way for the defense with 8 tackles a piece. Will "the thrill" Hill also had an interception on the day.

The Gators offesne put together another very balanced and spread out attack against the Bulldogs. Quarterback John Brantley went a very modest 9 for 19 for 166 yards and a touchdown, but also threw two picks. Tight end Desmond Parks was his favorite target who had 4 catches for 72 yards. Jeff Demps took a 74 yard swing pass to the house as well. "The three headed monster," as coach Hickerson has named it; of Demps, Chris Rainey, and Emnuel Moody had their first game with all 3 backs seeing more than a few carries. Demps had 16 for 62, Rainey had 7 for 33, and Moody had 5 for 15. Demps and Moody each scored on the ground.

Next week the Gators travel to Nashville to take on the Commodores of Vanderbilt, very close to where Coach Hickerson grew up and only 30 minutes from where he began his coaching career at MTSU.
Back to top Go down
tstej42

tstej42

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 9 Discussion   2010 Week 9 Discussion EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:12 am

Kansas uses defense to get a closer than expected win over Colorado. Turnovers once again plagued they Jayhawks as Brandon Bourbon and Toben Opurum each and a fumble and Jordan Webb threw a interception. Starting quarterback Kale Pick tore his abdomen and is out for 7 weeks. Jordan Webb stepped in and held is own but Pick's running ability will be missed.
Webb doesn't run the ball as well so my speed options and qb blast will be at a minimum til Pick returns unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
phimutau

phimutau

PostSubject: Penn State vs Ohio State   2010 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:05 am

I've been extremely busy with my new job, so I haven't been able to do much but get my games played. The game between me and Bucc was a classic. The game was a battle and I really thought I was going to lose.

No one was able to do anything in the first quarter. I kicked a FG at the beginning of the second quarter to take a 3-0 lead. Then with 1:08 left in the half I went up 10-0 an interception returned for a TD. This play would end up being play of the game. The half ended with the score,

Penn State 10
Ohio State 0

The third quarter is one I would like to forget. Before I knew it I was down 21-10. His first TD came with 4 minutes left in the quarter when he returned the favor and got a pick 6 of his own. I threw an int again and gave him awesome field position and he scored his second TD of the quarter just 53 seconds later. With 1:58 remaining in the third he hit his WR Devier Posey for a 35 yard TD. After three quarters it was a totaly different game.

Penn State 10
Ohio State 21

I gathered my composure and reassured myself that it wasn't over and that I could still get back in this thing. I scored a TD with 4:48 left in the 4th, but missed the two point conversion.

Penn State 16
Ohio State 21

He got the ball back and milked the clock and drove down and kicked a FG with 1:57 to go. and took the lead.

Penn State 16
Ohio State 24

I just knew that it was over now. I was going to have to score and get 2 point conversion with less than 2 minutes to go. It didnt take me long to catch a break, Newsome hit Zug for a 52 yard TD and I was able to get the 2 pt conversion with 1:25 left in the game.

Penn State 24
Ohio State 24

Bucc was able to get a first down on the next series as the clock dwindled down under a minute to go. However, he got greedy and tried to pass it and I was able to get a hit on Pryor and get another INT for the game winning TD with .06 seconds left.

FINAL
Penn State 31
Ohio State 24

I was extremely proud of my defense as I was able to hold him under 100 yds rushing and 100 yds passing. He was only able to amass 196 yards of total offense.

Last edited by phimutau on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
phimutau

phimutau

PostSubject: Penn State vs Ohio State Videos   2010 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:09 am

My first TD scored on an INT return. This was Play of the Game
Back to top Go down
phimutau

phimutau

PostSubject: Penn State vs Ohio State videos   2010 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:11 am

The play that tied the game at 24-24. Newsome hit Zug for a 52 yard TD
Back to top Go down
phimutau

phimutau

PostSubject: Penn State vs Ohio State videos   2010 Week 9 Discussion EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:13 am

The INT for game winning TD with .06 remaining
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Week 9 Discussion   2010 Week 9 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

2010 Week 9 Discussion
Page 1 of 1