Big Dawgs NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Big Dawgs NCAA OD

The Home of the Big Dawgs

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Week 1 Discussion

Go down 
+2
zscottt10
titangator
6 posters
AuthorMessage
titangator

titangator

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:45 am

WEEK 1 IS UP FELLAS! ENJOY!

The only real big game of the week features the number 10 Oregon Ducks hosting the number 12 Auburn Tigers. Oregon is led in by senior Quarterback and Heisman hopeful Jeremiah Masoli. Masoli is coming off a great 2009 campaign in which he led the Ducks to a 10-3 record and a berth in the Rose Bowl. Masoli accounted for 32 touchdowns on the year.
Back to top Go down
zscottt10

zscottt10

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:45 am

*******Jeremiah Masoli Suspended Indefinitely*******

Week 1 Discussion P1.chip-kelly.ap

Breaking News, Football, Oregonian story, Top Stories, sports
Jeremiah Masoli, Suspended Indefinitely after being named in police report

By Lindsay Schnell
January 29, 2010, 9:45PM
After Thomas Boyd/The Oregonian reported Jeremiah Masoli had been named in a police repoort and has been charged. The Eugene Police Department on Monday confirmed that its officers are investigating an alleged theft, and the student who reported the incident has told The Oregonian that the men he accuses are University of Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli and wide receiver Garrett Embry.

Fraternity member Max Wolfard filed a report with police alleging that the players took two MacBook Pro computers -- one valued by its owner at $2,000, the other by its owner at $1,500 -- and a $900 guitar from the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity house at 812 E. 14th Ave. in Eugene early Sunday.

Garrett Embry is named in a police report but has not been charged. Neither Masoli, 21, nor Embry, 19, has been charged with a crime.

Through athletic department spokesman Dave Williford, Ducks head coach Chip Kelly on Monday said he would have no comment "unless there's further substantiation." The Oregonian went to athletic director Mike Bellotti's house in Eugene late Sunday and, through his wife, Colleen, he declined to comment.

Chip Kelly met with Masoli this week, and feels he has enough information to make the decision do suspend him indefinitely at this time, and gave no futher details at this time. "I'm very I'm very disappointed for Jeremiah, the team, and the community to see this happen. Here we are with a Senior quarter back, team leader, looking to do big things this season. This is a real blow, but I have all the confidence that this team will respond positively, and move forward".
Back to top Go down
zscottt10

zscottt10

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:47 am

Week 1 Discussion 2

#12 Auburn War Eagles VS #10 Oregon Ducks

KICKOFF: 12:30 PST
LIVE TV: ESPN 2
TEMP: 82

Finally, the off season is over, fall camp, and it's GAMEDAY, as the Oregon Ducks host the Auburn Tigers. Big news out of camp is the emergence's of Junior QB Darron Thomas, who will be making his first start after a wild off season, and what a off season it was for the Oregon Ducks, having Senior star Quarter Back Jeremiah Masoli suspended indefinitely, back up Linebacker Kiko Alonso for the season for DUI, backup Wide Receiver Garrett Embry, Starting Wide Receiver Jamere Holland, Walk-On Linebacker Matt Simms, and Sophomore kicker Rob Beard were all kicked off the team by Coach Kelly. Fortunately LaMichael James was cleared of all charges for domestic incident, and is ready to go. Note: Freshman 5* RB recruit, Lake Seastrunk did not receive grades to keep himself eligible, and has transferred to UNLV.

Ducks defence comes out fired up, and plays one of the best first half coach Kelly has every seen, holding Auburn scorless and only 1st down...Making his first start Darron Thomas is steady, but unable to get much going, then L James takes over for a couple big runs and caps off with a 6 yd TD run...in the 2nd qt true frosh kicker A Maldanado boots FG from 44 and 35 to lead the ducks into the half up 13-0
1st QT
AUB 0
ORE 7

Halftime
Auburn 0
Oregon 13

Ducks defence pick up right were the left off, holding the War Eagles without a score through 3 qt, and D Thomas hooks up for his first TD pass of the season, a 26 yard strike to Blake Cantu

3rd QT
Aub 0
Ore 20

Auburn is finally able to move the ball and puts up 2 TD to cut the game to 20-14, a three and out, and the War Eagles are in business with under 2 min...but a perfect punt, pinning Auburn deeps leads to SR DE K Rowe rush, forcing a "duck" that is picked off my CB Dior Mathis...leading to a L James 2nd TD, then on the very next possesion, SO FS J Boyett picks off the Auburn QB, and a broken screen pass to B Williams leads to the final score

FINAL
AUBURN 14
OREGON 33

FINAL STATS
Passing D Thomas 15-28 209 2 TD 0 INT
Rushing L James 29-109 2 TD
Receiving J Maehl 5-70 0 TD
Tackles J Lewis 6 Solo 2 TFL

*****PABST BLUE RIBBON PLAYER OF THE GAME******
LAMICHAEL JAMES 29-109 2 TD 1 CATCH 12 YDS

Last edited by zscottt10 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:00 am

The Florida Gators and new head coach Jeff Hickerson started their season off right, "sort of." Those were the words Hickerson used to answer that question after the game. The mighty Gators disposed of the lower tier Redhawks of Miami, Ohio 31-10 but it took a 17 point 4th quarter to make the score lopsided. The Gators were actually down 3-0 at the end of the first. "We just didn't play that well offensively in the first half, really didnt play all that well on the offensive side the entire game," said Hickerson.

The Gators offense definitely was not what it has been the past 2 seasons in which they won the national title each year, but it was effective at least in the second half, in particularly the fourth quarter. Their only score of the first half was on a perfect throw from John Brantley to freshman wide out Chris Dunkley on a corner route that Brantley just dropped into Dunkley's hands for a long touchdown. "John didn't have a lot of time back there in the first half, and that is on us, we protected him more in the second half and gave him time to make the throws he wanted," said senior center Mike Pouncey. Brantley ended the day 22 for 33 with 250 yards passing and 2 touchdowns through the air, he also ran a touchdown in from 2 yards out. Brantley's only miscue came in the first quarter when he was forced to make a hurried pass on a slant route into the endzone that a Redhawk defender jumped and picked off. Redshirt freshman Andre Debose was Brantley's favorite target and finished the day with 7 catches for 82 yards. Dunkley finished with 4 catches for 71 yards and a touchdown. Speedster Jeff Demps never really got going but finished with 19 carries for 76 yards after a couple long runs late int the game.

The Florida defense performed as everyone expected. The defensive line played well, the linebackers led the team in tackles, and the younger cornerbacks were vulnerable in man coverage if the quarterback had any time. Freshman Ronald Powell finished the day with 3 sacks and was a complete mismatch for the Redhawks right tackle around the corner. He gets off the ball very quickly. Junior linebcker Lorenzo Edwards finished the day with 11 tackles, 2 for a loss.

Next week the Gators will travel to Kansas to take on the Jayhawks in what should be a very good game.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:02 am

zscottt10 wrote:
Week 1 Discussion 2

#10 Auburn War Eagles VS #12 Oregon Ducks

KICKOFF: 12:30 PST
LIVE TV: ESPN 2
TEMP: 82

Finally, the off season is over, fall camp, and it's GAMEDAY, as the Oregon Ducks host the Auburn Tigers. Big news out of camp is the emergence's of Junior QB Darron Thomas, who will be making his first start after a wild off season, and what a off season it was for the Oregon Ducks, having Senior star Quarter Back Jeremiah Masoli suspended indefinitely, back up Linebacker Kiko Alonso for the season for DUI, backup Wide Receiver Garrett Embry, Starting Wide Receiver Jamere Holland, Walk-On Linebacker Matt Simms, and Sophomore kicker Rob Beard were all kicked off the team by Coach Kelly. Fortunately LaMichael James was cleared of all charges for domestic incident, and is ready to go. Note: Freshman 5* RB recruit, Lake Seastrunk did not receive grades to keep himself eligible, and has transferred to UNLV.

1st QT
AUB
ORE

wow, rough offseason for the Ducks, bet they were extremely happy to get the season started.
Back to top Go down
tstej42

tstej42

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:59 am

Kansas:
Total offense: 449
Rushing yards: 224
Passing yards:225
Passing yards allowed: 99
Rushing yards allowed: 25
third down %: 80
defensive third down %: 25
Turnovers: 2
Turnovers force: 1
T.O.P. 18:15

Young Stars shine in dominating win over visiting Boston College. Sophomore Kale Pick earns player of the game honors going 15-19 with two touchdowns and one interception. He also ran a touchdown in. Freshman Brandon Bourbon shined on the ground running for 119 yds on 25 carries and a touchdown. while fellow freshman Toben Operum had 14 carries for 64 yards and a touchdown. As the defense was clicking on all cylinders as well as they only allow 124 yards and one touchdown drive. Coach Stejskal was certainly pleased with the performance and more so on the defensive side of the ball. "Both sides of the ball played well but I thought the defense played an almost perfect game." said Coach Stejskal. The offense was certainly stagnant in the second half especially with the two turnovers but the defense held the Eagles to no points in what was a scoreless second half. Stejskal finished his press conference with, "I certainly expect to pass the ball next week against Oregon as I don't expect another easy win especially at Autzen Stadium."
Back to top Go down
zscottt10

zscottt10

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:03 pm

has bucc played yet?
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:06 pm

not sure, if anyone knows if it is ready to advance ill get on and advance it... did you win chris?
Back to top Go down
zscottt10

zscottt10

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:13 pm

ya, we beat down Auburn...by the way love my oregon all black out uniforms...lol
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Nice w, I been playing awful lately
Back to top Go down
zscottt10

zscottt10

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:18 pm

titangator wrote:
Nice w, I been playing awful lately

I hate when i get into those slumps
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:50 am

anybody heard from buc?
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:38 am

yea soryr guys, am I the last one? I have been busy this weekend. Was out all night for my cousins birthday, then having family over today for dinner and stuff.

I will get it in tonight after we have dinner, I estimate it will be around 8-9 central time.

Is that cool Titan?
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:40 am

Sounds good bro
Back to top Go down
phimutau

phimutau

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Penn State @ Boise State   Week 1 Discussion EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:08 am

Penn State Shuts Down Boise State's Potent Offense
Hamilton's New Defense Shines in 24-7 Victory!!

Boise, Idaho -
The Nittany Nation was eager to see how well the new coach in town would be able to do with a tough opener at Boise Stadium on the blue turf. Boise State came into the game with an A- on offense and the Broncos were very accustomed to putting up huge points and offensive stats to go along with them. On Saturday evening, Hamilton and his smothering defense put an end to the negative banter that had been going around the Nittany Nation. Penn State held Boise scoreless until the 1:37 mark in the 4th quarter, in a 24-7 convincing victory.

Penn State struck first on an option play where Sophomore quarterback Kevin Newsome kept the ball around the left end and darted into the endzone for a 9 yard score. Penn State led 7-0. With .53 seconds left in the first half, the Lions would get on the board again when Kevin Newsome hit Junior backup tailback Stephfon Green for a 5 yard TD pass. Kicker Jeremy Boone's PAT was good and the Lions went into the half with a lead of 14-0.

Boise State was unable to get anything going as the Lion's defense was stifling. With 2:44 to go in the third Penn State took a 21-0 lead as Kevin Newsome hit All-American wideout Graham Zug on a 3 yard slant. Boise State finally got on the board with 1:37 to go in the game. Kellen Moore hit his brother Kirby Moore for a 23 yard scoring strike. Jeremy Boone added a field goal with .48 seconds left to give the Lions their first win under Coach Hamilton.

The Lion's defense held the high flying attack of the Broncos to only 179 yards of total offense. The Broncos could not muster many 3rd downs going 1-9 (11%) on the day. The Nittany Lions were able to completely shut down Boise's running game, making them one dimensional. The Broncos had a mere 17 yards on the ground. A major contributing factor in shutting down the Broncos was time of possession. Hamilton's new ball control offense kept possession of the ball for 17:23 compared to Boise State's 6:37.

Coach Hamilton had this to say after the game, "I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous before the game today. With this being my first collegiate game and having to play on the blue turf, I had butterflies. Boise State puts up a lot of points. After watching film from last season I knew Kellen Moore was going to throw all over the field. We were able to limit his looks, and stuff his run game. I am very proud of our kids and I really look forward to what this season will bring. Hats of to the Broncos for making us work our tails off."

Players of the Game
Penn State - Kevin Newsome 6/7 54 yds, 2 TD and 6 car, 31 yds, TD
Boise State - Kirby Moore 5 rec, 78 yds, TD

Penn State will travel to Bryant-Denny Stadium next Saturday and face #19 Alabama
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:22 am

man there seems to be a problem with the PSN network, many people are having this issue.

I will do my stuff when I am able to get on, hopefully tonight.
Back to top Go down
bronco331

bronco331

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:35 am

BucNutts wrote:
man there seems to be a problem with the PSN network, many people are having this issue.

I will do my stuff when I am able to get on, hopefully tonight.

Looks like you got hit by the ps3 bug. Hopefully Sony can find a way to fix it soon.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:37 am

yea i know, sorry for the hold up everybody, it seems like every member of our dynasty has been affected by this bug except me and bronco, at least that is the only two of us i have noticed being able to sign on...
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:21 am

Supposedly it is working! So we will get an advance in tonight!
Back to top Go down
tstej42

tstej42

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:30 am

I couldn't sign in earlier on my ps3, but both of my roommates had ps3s that didn't get affected by the bug so I'm able to get on and play with the bug. Hopefully the bug is gone tho.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:36 am

Hey I am done.

No write up, cuz I am literally running out the door. But I wanted to get it in, so we can advance.

Ohio State Rolls Marshall 44-7.

Brandon Saine rushes for 170 and 3 TD's

True Frosh RB Roderick Smith scores his first TD of his career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Week 1 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 1 Discussion   Week 1 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Discussion
Page 1 of 1