Big Dawgs NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Big Dawgs NCAA OD

The Home of the Big Dawgs

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Penn State Finds Paterno's Heir

Go down 
AuthorMessage
phimutau

phimutau

Penn State Finds Paterno's Heir Empty
PostSubject: Penn State Finds Paterno's Heir   Penn State Finds Paterno's Heir EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Stephen Hamilton Named New Head Coach for Penn State Football

University Park, PA. - Penn State University Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Tim Curley today named Stephen Hamilton to be PSU's next head football coach. With Paterno retiring after the Capital One Bowl loss to Clemson in January, Hamilton takes command of the illustrious program after an expansive national search in which several candidates were contacted and interviewed by Penn State University faculty members and athletics administrators.

Hamilton comes to University Park after serving as the head coach of the prestigious Hamilton High, in Chandler, AZ. Stephen graduated from Texas A&M in the Fall of 2002 and landed his first coaching job for the Huskies the following fall. It only took him one year to get the Hamilton Huskies nationally recognized. In his seven year stay at Chandler, Stephen lead the Huskies to five Arizona 5A Division I State Championships in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, and 2009.

Many ask how a young coach with only high school experience can fill the shoes of the great Joe Paterno and Hamilton replied with this, "I began an extensive search to find a great coaching job just out of college. Hamilton High gave me a chance and I delivered. I received a lot of doubt and skepticism when I arrived at Chandler. I was only 23 and they asked the same questions as you. How is he gonna be able to do anything for us? I live, breath, and exist for football. I am constantly challenging myself and those around me to rise up and achieve. I promise the Nittany Nation that I will bring that same attitude and commitment to Penn State."

Coach Hamilton brings a defensive mindset to Penn State. He says he models his game style after one of his football idols, Bill Parcells. Look for the Lions to cause problems for opponents this fall.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1