Big Dawgs NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Big Dawgs NCAA OD

The Home of the Big Dawgs

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
titangator

titangator

Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season Empty
PostSubject: Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season   Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Florida Gators Press Conference introducing new head football coach Jeff Hickerson:

AD Jeremy Foley - Thank you all for joining us here today to applaud a man that has only been here 5 seasons, but during that run he has brought Forida football back to where it should be, and also brought us in 3 national championships That is a pretty remarkable feat, and I am very proud to announce that as I step down today from the AD position, I feel that former Florida Gator head coach and new Florida Gator AD Urban Meyer will do a more than excellent job in his new role. Urban...

NEW AD Urban Meyer - Thanks Jeremy, thanks for this opportunity, thanks Gator nation for all you have done for me and my family over these past 5 seasons, it has been the ride of a lifetime, and I dont plan for any of he fun things to change now that I am taking over the AD job. I just will not participate in the more stressful activities, which is coaching. (laughs) Coaching gives a lot of stress, and at this point in my life, after consulting with doctors and all those people, I feel this is the best decision for my family and me. I will still be a at all the games, a part of everything Gator related, my heart is with this university, that is why I have chosen Jeff Hickerson as the next Florida Gator head football coach. I feel he will carry on the tradition, the prestige, the winning ways, everything Gator, he will carry on. Coach Hickerson...

Coach Jeff Hickerson - Well, first off thank you Urban Meyer, thank you Jeremy Foley. Thanks to every single person that helped me get here, the list is way too big for me to name everyone. But on to football, and Gator football in general. I love it, boy do I love it. I live for Florida football, so I can tell you with 100 percent assuredness that I will give this football program and this university every single ounce of me I can possibly give it. Our goal every single season will be SEC championships and national championships, and I feel that is the way it should be here. Thats the way it will be here. Coach Meyer has started it, and I will continue it. I will give it my best shot anyways. On the upcoming season now, Urban has gave me his last recruiting class, and boy was it a good one, wow is all I can say about that, and proudly I can say I had a little part in it, just a little one though. I told him all the guys he was going after were good.(laughs) Thats pretty hard isnt it? Well I did it, so I can say I had my part in it. But no in all seriousness, Coach Meyer has left me and our staff with a great freshman class coming in, best in the nation if i recall correctly. So we thank him for that, and we know that he will be available if we have any questions about anything. We feel at home, everyone on my staff does, my family loves it here. This is awesome, I cant believe I am getting this opportunity. So I, we, will make the most of it, starting with this upcoming season. We have a slew of talent coming back, and plenty of eager student athletes ready to step up and become leaders. It's gonna be fun out there, and we'd appreciate it if yall would come out and watch, and we know you will be there supporting us. I apologize, no time for questions today, I gota figure out how to get around this big ol' place and soak it all in. Thank everyone for coming out and we will see you in the swamp! go gators!
Back to top Go down
tstej42

tstej42

PostSubject: Re: Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season   Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:56 pm

After the controversial resignation of Mark Mangino, Kansas set its sights on finding a new coach. Some big names were mentioned to be interested in the job such as Tommy Tuberville, Houston Nutt, and Jim Harbaugh. A rumor stated that Turner Gill was one his way to become new head coach of the Kansas Jayhawks but Kansas decided to make a shocking move. Kansas hires new coach Tyler Stejskal. Stejskal has no head coaching experience in college but was an assistant at in state division 2 college Fort Hays State University. Before FHSU Coach Stejskal was the head coach of Fairfield High School where he lead the Falcons to 2 straight 8-man division 1 titles before jumping at the chance to coach at his Alma Mater. In a brief press conference Coach Stejskal explained that the Kansas job is his dream job and assured critics Kansas did not make a mistake at hire such a low profile coach. Stejskal also mentioned he would be implementing a 3-4 defense and either a pro spread or a flexbone offense. Kansas' hire is certainly an unusual one as not many teams reach for a division 2 assistant especially with the caliber of a job the Kansas job is. The Big 12 should prove as a tough test for Coach Stejskal and we should find out quickly if he is over his head or if he is the perfect man for the job.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season   Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 2:32 am

Cut players is up, didn't have time to send message
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season   Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:50 am

Preseason is up!
Back to top Go down
zscottt10

zscottt10

PostSubject: Re: Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season   Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:09 am

Oregon done with pre season task....just OU and tOSU left
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season   Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:14 am

I kNow buc won't be done until like 11 central
Back to top Go down
zscottt10

zscottt10

PostSubject: Re: Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season   Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Chip Kelly suspends linebacker Kiko Alonso for the 2010 season
By Ken Goe, The Oregonian
February 25, 2010, 11:38AM
Oregon football coach Chip Kelly suspended linebacker Kiko Alonso on Monday for the 2010 season.

Alonso was cited for DUII early Saturday morning by Eugene police.

The incident came hours after Kelly talked about his disappointment with a string of police problems by members of his team.

Here is the text of the release announcing Alonso's suspension:

Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season IOS-016273

EUGENE – University of Oregon linebacker Kiko Alonso has been suspended for the entire 2010 football season, effectively immediately, according to head coach Chip Kelly Monday.

Kelly added that specific details regarding Alonso’s involvement within the program during the suspension are still being formulated, but that the suspension would definitely exclude the Los Gatos, Calif., redshirt freshman from playing in any games during the entire 2010 season.

Alonso accumulated 16 tackles in 12 games as a reserve a year ago, including one tackle for loss, and forced one fumble.

He would have two seasons of eligibility remaining following the 2010 season.
Back to top Go down
BucNutts

BucNutts

PostSubject: Re: Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season   Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Im done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season   Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season Empty

Back to top Go down

Offseason 2009 - Preseason 2010 Season
Page 1 of 1